Each faculty defines the eligible students and PhD students from MU-Sofia in all forms of education. Students reserve the right to a scholarship at MU-Sofia during the period abroad, but should pay their semester fee.
MU-Sofia recognizes the academic stay and the passed exams abroad, if they correspond to the curricula at our university. Prior to the implementation of the mobility, it is necessary for MU-Sofia to have signed an inter-institutional agreement with the host university or the partner organization from the country under the program.
Before signing their study agreements, all students undergo an online assessment of their language skills in the main foreign language they will use during their studies or traineeship abroad. At the end of the mobility period, students will be re-evaluated to check their progress in learning the main foreign language. Students will be informed for the results.
The duration of the activity for study purposes is between 3 and 12 months. The average student’s grades should be minimum 4.00.
The application deadlines are announced on the faculty websites and on the information boards at the faculties. The following documents are submitted to the faculty coordinator:
1. Application form - free text
2. Academic transcript and certificate for student’s enrollment
3. Motivation letter for participation in the program in the language to be used
4. Document for proficiency in the working language, if any
5. CV (European format).
A commission appointed by order of the Dean of the faculty conducts an interview with the candidates to assess their common culture, level of proficiency in the language to be used and their professional preparation. A protocol is be prepared for the approved candidates.
The protocol with the candidates approved by each faculty is deposited in the Erasmus office of MU-Sofia. Candidates approved for participation in the program prepare and sign the following documents:
1. Learning agreement for studies.
2. Personal bank account in EUR (in optional bank).
3. European health card. Additional health insurance for the period of stay, as the European Health Insurance Card only covers hospital emergency care.
4. The student specifies the travel dates, according to the program at the host university.
5. Report to the Rector of MU-Sofia, prepared and signed by the Erasmus faculty coordinator and agreed with the Dean of the respective faculty, for preparation of a business trip order.
6. Declaration under the Personal Data Protection Act.
Before leaving, the student receives the following documents from the Erasmus office:
1. Individual contract for participation in the Erasmus+ Program between MU-Sofia and the student
2. Order for business trip.
Upon arrival at the host university, the student certifies a Certificate for a period of stay in the Erasmus+ office of the host university, because the starting date is considered to be the first attendance, not the date of travel. Changes in the study agreement can be made within 2-5 weeks after the start of the training. Extension of the period of stay is requested one month before the end of the mobility. Confirmation by email from the three parties is required in order these changes to be accepted.
After returning from mobility, the student should present the following documents:
1. Learning agreement for studies.
2. Certificate of attendance, with dates of arrival and departure, signed and stamped by the host university.
3. Transcript of records, issued by the host university within 5 weeks from the end of the exams.
4. Round trip tickets, boarding passes, invoices.
5. Online report.