Prof. Dr. Radosveta Ivanova Vasileva, PhD
Head of Department "Conservative Dentistry"
Prof. Dr. Radosveta Vasileva is engaged in all stages of the educational, scientific and managing process at the Department of Conservative Dentistry as a lecturer, examiner, researcher and manager. She is a member of the Bulgarian Dental Association, Bulgarian Society of Dental Medicine, Dental Materials Commission of BDA (Bulgarian Dental Association). She is a member of the editorial board of the magazine "Dental Medicine" and “Problems of the Dental Medicine”. Prof. Vasileva is a member of international organizations such as: IADR, Dental Materials and Pulp Biology Groups, BaSS, ADEE. Prof. Vasileva is a consultant and opinion leader of companies for dental materials. She speaks three languages - German-excellent, English - very good and Russian - good.
Work experience: 34 years
- Currently - Professor, Head of Conservative Dentistry Department, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Sofia;
- 2006-2014 - Associate Professor at the Department of Conservative Dentistry, Sofia;
- 2007-2011 - Associate Professor at the Department of Conservative Dentistry, Pediatric dentistry and Oral medicine, FDM, Varna;
- 1991-2006 - Assistant Professor at the Department of Conservative Dentistry;
- 1988-1991 - PhD student, FDM, Sofia;
- 1984-1988 - Dental Doctor, Vratsa.
- 2017-2018 - Master's degree in Public Health and Health Management at the Faculty of Public Health, Medical University, Sofia;
- 2005 - Specialty "General Dentistry", Dental Faculty, Sofia;
- 1995, 1998 - Postgraduate specialization in international scientific programs at the University of Regensburg, Germany, supervised by Prof. Schmalz, participation in scientific experiments in the laboratories of the Clinic and exploring new products – adhesive systems;
- 1992-1993 - Specialization in Therapeutic Dentistry (Operative Dentistry and Endodontics), Faculty of Dental Medicine, Sofia;
- 1991-1992 - Specialization in the Clinic of the University of Graz, Austria - participation in scientific experiments with composite inlays with Prof. P. Staedtler;
- 1988-1991 - PhD at the Department of Therapeutic Dentistry;
- 1979-1984 - Student at the Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical Academy – Sofia, Diploma with excellent grade;
- 1974-1979 - German Language School "Geo Milev" Dobrich, graduation with a golden medal.
Scientific degree: "PhD" (1991)
Academic ranks and positions:
- 2014 and present – Professor at the Department of Conservative Dentistry FDM, MU-Sofia;
- 2006-2011 - Associate Professor in the Department of Conservative Dentistry FDM, MU-Sofia;
- 2003 and present - member of the Council of the Faculty of Dental Medicine, MU-Sofia;
- 2004-2005 - Responsible for the quality of education at the department of Conservative Dentistry FDM, MU-Sofia;
- 1996-2006 - Chief administrative Assistant Professor;
- 05.12.1996 - Chief Assistant Professor;
- 10.12.1993 - Senior Assistant Professor;
- 1991 - Topic of Disertation: "Composite Materials – Laboratory and Clinical Studies in Relation to Their Use in the Treatment of Cervical Caries".
- Scientific works in total - more than 110;
- Authorship - 32;
- Co-authoring - 78;
- Authoring and co-authoring in scientific forums - 11 independent and 55 in co-authoring;
- Monographs - 5 number – 2 monographs co-authored and 3 textbooks – 2 independent and one co-authored;
- Cited in Bulgarian journals, dissertations and books - 97 for the last 5 years;
- Number of citations - in foreign journals - 59;
- Cited in foreign dissertations - 3;
- Scientific Projects - 12.
- Four first prizes at international congresses with student participation.