PRE-GRADUATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
PRE-GRADUATE INTERNSHIP AND STATE EXAMS SESSION FOR 6th YEAR STUDENTS ADADEMIC YEAR 2022-2023
PRE-GRADUATE INTERNSHIP – from 26 September 2022 to 24 March 2023
STATE EXAMS SESSION – from 3 April 2023 to 11 May 2023
The 5th year STUDENTS, passed successfully all their exams, should be present at the Centre for Integrated Dental Medicine, FDM
on Monday, 26 September 2022 at 10.00 a.m.
The pre-graduate internship program aims to provide high professional training in the field of the studied specialty, to improve the acquired practical knowledge and skills for the development of organizational, preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic and other professional competencies.
Rights and Obligations of Pre-graduate Students (Interns):
- Students are required to follow the curriculum, the Ordinance on the internal order and the Law on Higher Education at the training base;
- Students are required to comply with the working hours of the training base, to meet up the working requirements, to submit to instructions of their supervisors, and to implement the program specified in the Intern's Booklet, which they present at state examination;
- A student who has not completed the undergraduate curriculum is not admitted to a state examination. He/She interrupts his /her studies or is suspended from MU-Sofia.
According to a decision of the Academic Council issued on 30.03.1992, due to the lack of regulation on the interns' status, the latter are students in VI course and receive scholarships following the general order, in line with the score shown in the previous year. Interns who, for some reason, have interrupted their pre-graduate internship, do not receive a scholarship for the interruption period. International students are not allowed to conduct their undergraduate internships abroad.
Pre-graduate Internship of students in the specialty "Dental Medicine"
- The internship training is integrated with the Departments of Prosthetic Dental Medicine, Dental, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Conservative Dentistry, Pediatric Dental Medicine, Orthodontics, Periodontology, and Imaging and Oral diagnostics - 1 class/day;
- The internship duration is 1 014 hours, 14 of which are lecturing hours and 1 000 are practical training hours;
- Students work in pairs on one dental unit;
- Representatives of each department conduct a 1-hour weekly seminar with the interns;
- Teaching assistantship is 1 class per day for practical activities (including 1 seminar per week);
- Students who have not completed their semester exams are not allowed to enroll the internship;
- The total duration of the pre-graduate internship program is six months - from 26/09/2022 to 24/03/2023