Social Medicine and Medical Ethics
„Social Medicine and Medical Ethics" (SMME) is taught in the following semester: IV.
Forms and methods of education: lectures, seminars, discussions, solving cases, implementation of a task, multimedia presentations.
ANOTATION OF THE COURSE:
SMME course gives an opportunity for gaining theoretical knowledge and competence about:
- Public health specific features, its measuring and factors that influence it;
- Methods of scientific research;
- Moral principles that regulate professional activity of the dental doctor.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CURRICULUM:
Generating basic knowledge about global problems of public health and their solving as well as abilities for solving ethical conflict situations in professional practice.
- Generating basic knowledge about modern concept related to health;
- Generating basic knowledge about health social factors, measuring of Public health, health risk groups, tendencies in development of health condition of particular public groups;
- Introduction to methods of scientific research – collecting and analyzing literature data, formulating aim, analyzing the results;
- Forming knowledge about basic principles in medical ethics, standards for good dental practice, requirements in ethical codex of Bulgarian Dental Association, ethical norms in dental medicine as a part of international documents;
- Acquiring abilities for solving conflicts of moral essence in clinical practice.
Forming of marks:
- giving marks for students’ activity during the semester;
- examination during the summer session.