Prof. Dr. Radosveta Ivanova Vasileva, PhD
Prof. Dr. Radosveta Vasileva is engaged in all stages of the educational, scientific and managing process at the Department of Conservative Dentistry as a lecturer, examiner, researcher and manager. She is a member of the Bulgarian Dental Association, Bulgarian Society of Dental Medicine, Dental Materials Commission of BDA (Bulgarian Dental Association). She is a member of the editorial board of the magazine "Dental Medicine" and “Problems of the Dental Medicine”. Prof. Vasileva is a member of international organizations such as: IADR, Dental Materials and Pulp Biology Groups, BaSS, ADEE. Prof. Vasileva is a consultant and opinion leader of companies for dental materials. She speaks three languages - German-excellent, English - very good and Russian - good.
Work experience: 34 years
- Currently - Professor, Head of Conservative Dentistry Department, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Sofia;
- 2006-2014 - Associate Professor at the Department of Conservative Dentistry, Sofia;
- 2007-2011 - Associate Professor at the Department of Conservative Dentistry, Pediatric dentistry and Oral medicine, FDM, Varna;
- 1991-2006 - Assistant Professor at the Department of Conservative Dentistry;
- 1988-1991 - PhD student, FDM, Sofia;
- 1984-1988 - Dental Doctor, Vratsa.
- 2017-2018 - Master's degree in Public Health and Health Management at the Faculty of Public Health, Medical University, Sofia;
- 2005 - Specialty "General Dentistry", Dental Faculty, Sofia;
- 1995, 1998 - Postgraduate specialization in international scientific programs at the University of Regensburg, Germany, supervised by Prof. Schmalz, participation in scientific experiments in the laboratories of the Clinic and exploring new products – adhesive systems;
- 1992-1993 - Specialization in Therapeutic Dentistry (Operative Dentistry and Endodontics), Faculty of Dental Medicine, Sofia;
- 1991-1992 - Specialization in the Clinic of the University of Graz, Austria - participation in scientific experiments with composite inlays with Prof. P. Staedtler;
- 1988-1991 - PhD at the Department of Therapeutic Dentistry;
- 1979-1984 - Student at the Faculty of Dental Medicine, Medical Academy – Sofia, Diploma with excellent grade;
- 1974-1979 - German Language School "Geo Milev" Dobrich, graduation with a golden medal.
Scientific degree: "PhD" (1991)
Academic ranks and positions:
- 2014 and present – Professor at the Department of Conservative Dentistry FDM, MU-Sofia;
- 2006-2011 - Associate Professor in the Department of Conservative Dentistry FDM, MU-Sofia;
- 2003 and present - member of the Council of the Faculty of Dental Medicine, MU-Sofia;
- 2004-2005 - Responsible for the quality of education at the department of Conservative Dentistry FDM, MU-Sofia;
- 1996-2006 - Chief administrative Assistant Professor;
- 05.12.1996 - Chief Assistant Professor;
- 10.12.1993 - Senior Assistant Professor;
- 1991 - Topic of Disertation: "Composite Materials – Laboratory and Clinical Studies in Relation to Their Use in the Treatment of Cervical Caries".
- Scientific works in total - more than 110;
- Authorship - 32;
- Co-authoring - 78;
- Authoring and co-authoring in scientific forums - 11 independent and 55 in co-authoring;
- Monographs - 5 number – 2 monographs co-authored and 3 textbooks – 2 independent and one co-authored;
- Cited in Bulgarian journals, dissertations and books - 97 for the last 5 years;
- Number of citations - in foreign journals - 59;
- Cited in foreign dissertations - 3;
- Scientific Projects - 12.
- Four first prizes at international congresses with student participation.