Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mirela Borislavova Marinova-Takorova, PhD
- 2003-2006 - Faculty of Dental Medicine – Sofia, Assistant Professor in the Department of Conservative Dentistry;
- 2006-2010 - Faculty of Dental Medicine – Sofia, Senior Assistant Professor in the Department of Conservative Dentistry;
- 2010 till present - Faculty of Dental Medicine – Sofia, Chief Assistant Professor in the Department of Conservative Dentistry;
- 2003-2005 - Dentist in dental clinic Pansanus;
- 2005 till present - Dentist and owner of private practice “Marinova-Takorova”.
Medical education and training:
- 1991-1995 - Second English language school "Thomas Geferson";
- 1996-2002 - Medical University-Sofia, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Dental Medicine graduate;
- 2003-2006 - Resident in Operative Dentistry and Endodontics;
- 2006 - Majored in Operative Dentistry and Endodontics;
- 2004-2006 - Resident in General Dentistry;
- 2006 - Majored in General Dentistry;
- 2009-2011 - Medical University-Sofia, Faculty of Public Health, Public Health graduate.
Scientific degree: "PhD" (2013) - Thesis title: Root caries lesions. Materials used in their operative treatment.
- Operative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Clinical trials on root caries treatment;
- Laboratory research on microleakage of different materials;
- Laboratory and clinical research on saliva composition in caries active and caries resistant subjects;
- Epidemiological research on root caries prevalence and risk factors;
- Laboratory research on bond strength of different restorative materials to dentin;
- Clinical and in vitro studies on early caries diagnosis with different diagnostic systems;
- In vitro studies on different root canal retreatment techniques.
- Society of The Bulgarian Doctors of Dental Medicine;
- Bulgarian Scientific Dental Society.
- 43 publications;
- 30 presentations and posters on congresses – 26 of which international;
- 30 citations in international and Bulgarian papers;
- Book “Root caries” 2014.