Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ekaterina Stoyanova Boteva, PhD
Work experience – 38 years:
- 2022 - pre- and clinical training of English language students year III, IV;
- 2003-2014 - teaching of postgraduate students;
- 1999 - lecturing, practical training and scientific students research group in conservative dentistry year II, III, IV, V and VI;
- 1989-1999 - practical training of dental students year III, IV, V;
- 1985-1988 - clinical consultant in FDM, MU, Sofia;
- 1983-1985 - GP in G. Pavlikeni-Lovech district.
Medical education and training:
- 2007 - National Consultant in Operative Dentistry, Endodontics and Periodontology;
- 1991-1994 - Speciality in Therapeutical Dentistry;
- 1985-1988 - PhD in Nutrition and Dental Caries, Medical University, Sofia;
- 1978-1983 - Masters in Dental Medicine, Dental Faculty, MU, Sofia.
PhD 1988 – “Impact of different diets on dental caries aetiology and pathogenesis”.
Academic ranks and positions:
- since 1999 Associate professor in Conservative Dentistry, ranking member of commissions for finals, speciality, PhD etc.;
- 1996-1999 - Chief assistant professor;
- 1995-1996 - Clinical research fellow Newcastle upon Tyne;
- 1993-1996 - Senior assistant professor;
- 1993 - Research fellow Leeds;
- 1989-1993 - Assistant professor;
- 1985-1988 - Consultant and PhD student.
- Awards First awarded scientific presentation of the European Organization for Caries Research ORCA - 1991: The Annual Award of IAPD – 1997;
- Grants: First granted scientific travel fellowship - 6 months project, ORCA– 1993, First 9 months scientific award of the International Association of Dental Research and the Borrow Dental Foundation IADR/BDMF - 1995, 1999-2000. 1999 NIHFI 1999-2000, 2013-2014 Students Union Award– MU, 2014-2015 Scientific Medical Council, MU- first Bulgarian genetical - dental granted project;
- Аuthor of the Minimum invasive dental concept in Conservative Dentistry: prevention, cariology and endodontics 5 lectures1993-2005, published in 3 scientific self reviews 2016, 2017, 2018 with 110 references from 1986-2017.
- Publications 110 first author in 74, 51 in English;
- Monographs 1;
- Congresses 68;
- IF/ Th.Reuters 33.451,Research Gate 1.99, Global 3.825;
- Citations with CI/ 35 from 84 in English;
- Citations in Bulgarian 30.
Memberships in medical organizations:
- 1992-2000 - Bulgarian Medical Association;
- 1994 - ORCA;
- 2000 - Bulgarian Dental Association 2004-2005 Lecturer of the Bulgarian Dental Association-13 lectures;
- 2003-2005 - Member of the Scientific Council for Medical Sciences, MU;
- 1996-2008 - Balkan Association of Stomatologycal Sciences-BaSS;
- 1995-1996 - British Dental Council - BDC, UK;
- 1995-1996 - Human Nutrition Research Center -HNRC, UK;
- 1990-2017 - Bulgarian Scientific Dental Association.
Honors and other related activities:
- For global contributions: 2009 BaSS, 2012 FDM;
- 11 presentations in ICMS with the students research group-sponsored for 13 semesters with 3 awards 2003-2015: 1 first award, 1 second and award from the National Youth Competition “Ekspo Intelect”;
- Memorial broches for science and EU integration : Silver Knights Crest – WMA, Silver Lion of the Newcastle University, Memorial Owl Tie - Gentlemen’s club of Leeds, UK;
- Ranking board member of “Pharmacy M.Z.Boyadjievi” store – 125 years, VI generations Medical Familia;
- Chair of “The 1000 years club”.