Clinical Pediatric Dental Medicine
„Clinical Pediatric Dental Medicine“ is taught in the following semesters: VI, VII, VIII, IX and X.
Forms of education, used in the course: Lectures, seminars, discussions, decide cases, clinical study of child with dental disease and treatment of these diseases in children of different ages.
ANNOTATION OF THE COURSE:
The course of “Clinical Pediatric Dental Medicine” has the aim to prepare graduated student for polyvalent treatment of children. There is a perfect opportunity for acquisition of knowledge about:
- Clinical diagnosis and treatment of primary teeth caries and early childhood caries;
- Clinical diagnosis and treatment of children permanent teeth caries;
- Clinical diagnosis and treatment of pulpitis and periodontitis of primary and permanent teeth in children;
- Speciality in clinical diagnosis and treatment of pulpitis and periodontitis of permanent teeth of children with unfinished root growth;
- Dental examination for children;
- Psyhological problems and methods for pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical influence of behavior in children dental treatment;
- Clinic, diagnostic, treatment and prophylaxy of dental dysplasia;
- Clinic, diagnostic, treatment and management of traumatic injuries of primary and permanent dentition;
- Epidemiology, etiology, pathogenesis, clinics, diagnostics and treatment of children gingivitis and parodontis;
- Etiology, pathogenesis, diagnostics and treatment of children oral mucosa diseases;
- Etiology, pathogenesis, clinics, diagnostics and treatment of cheilitis and glossitis in children;
- Focus diseases in childhood;
- Dental treatment of children with physical and mental problems and serious common diseases.
The student should have basic knowledge about some discipline to start learning “Clinical Pediatric Dental Medicine”. These are the discipline:
- histogenesis, morphology and physiology of oral structures;
- methods and means for prophylaxis of dental diseases.
After finishing the course the students have to know do interpret and apply basic methods and instruments for:
- diagnostic and treatment of children primary and permanent teeth caries;
- diagnostic and treatment of primary teeth pulpitis and periodontitis in children;
- diagnostic and treatment of gingivitis and parodontitis in children;
- diagnostic and treatment of oral mucosa diseases in children;
- dental treatment of children with physical and mental problems and serious common diseases;
- complex approach to the child, as a object of dental prophylaxis and treatment.
Valuation forming – complex from different approach:
Process of continuous assessment, tests, colloquium, practical and theoretically exam.
Aspects for making a valuation:
- taking part of discussion;
- determine a case;
- discussion of clinical cases;
- exam results;
Type of valuation:
Process of continuous assessment, colloquium, test, practical and theoretically exam.
The course finishes with exam at the end of X semester.