The department teaches 3 disciplines:
The training in all three disciplines ends with semester exams during the exam sessions. The exam consists of two parts - written and oral.
As part of the entire dental training course, the program is constructed under the major objectives of the training - developing dental professionals who can apply the acquired knowledge and skills to successfully solve clinical cases in a real social environment.
As future dental specialists, students should be able:
1. to make clinical decisions based on the understanding of the bio-psycho-social structure of the individual;
2. to consider professional and ethical responsibility for their patient and the community;
3. to communicate and to take informed consent from patients and other healthcare professionals in the promotion of dental health, prevention, and treatment of dental diseases;
4. to know the ethical and legal basis of dental healthcare;
5. to know the structure and functions of healthcare and dental care;
6. to be able to measure and evaluate the oral status of the population, the tendencies and factors that determine it, and the ways to deal with it;
7. to know the principles of dental ergonomics and be able to apply them in their future practice;
8. to have knowledge and skills in dealing with cross-infection in the dental practice;
9. to master the role of a dental team leader;
10. to have a sufficient and appropriate ethical and scientific basis for continuing education and professional development;
11. to acquire knowledge about the peculiarities of the patient's psychology and behavior during illness, which will contribute to a better understanding of the patient and a suitable approach in the organization and delivery of dental care.
Main thematic areas:
The Department of Dental Public Health is also a center for postgraduate education in the field of Social Medicine and Dental Public Health. The training period is 3 years.